News and Information
PureVPN started in November 2006 as an experimental service providing online security against data sniffers. It also targeted regions where the Internet was censored and access to websites and various internet services was restricted. The experiment was successful, with people all over the world unblocking websites and online services. PureVPN rolled out comprehensive global services in 2007. PureVPN is operated by Hong Kong-based GZ Systems Ltd.
TorGuard.net provides VPN solutions for Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, and Android. TorGuard.net also provides a portable VPN application that can be ran from a USB drive, providing online protection from any compatible computer that you use. TorGuard is one of the best all around VPN providers out there and one of the great things about this VPN is that they offer a USB portable solution! You can put their VPN onto USB drive and use it on any Windows based computer to protect your online privacy.
Strongvpn.com / Reliablehosting.com started as a small company in South Lake Tahoe in 1994 selling PC computers. After a short time we begin offering dial up Internet Services for the local area, on our website California.net. Soon after that we offered Dedicated Servers and collocation services. We moved from various collocation facilities in Northern California until we settled at 200 Paul ExchangeColo now run by Digital Realty Trust. This facility offered us an ideal location for bandwidth capacity, peering and growth.
Since then we have been able to steadily grow our customer base by understanding one fundamental rule in regards to business. You can’t grow a any business on product and price advantage alone, a strong customer service culture is also critical.
Here are some quick facts about us
- Developer / Engineer quality tech support 24x7x365, everyone that answers your support request is highly trained and skilled.
- Strongvpn.com / Reliablehosting.com Core Team has been together since 1995 and care deeply about customer service.
- We manage over 140 Servers in San Francisco and 300 around the world and work efficiently and quickly through any situations.
- We are a 60+ Person Company, working in multiple locations around the world. Our team comprises of Linux, Mac and Windows Experts.
- Our specialty is high quality fiber network bandwidth. We also emphasize quality communications with our customers, and knowing what they want before they ask.
- Our San Francisco network is equipped with InterNap’s FCP device that analyzes all the available routes. Thanks to InterNap FCP device, the route is not only the shortest but fastest available. The smart route analysis provided by the FCP device automatically and instantly avoids the possible network trouble spots.
Strongvpn.com / Reliablehosting.com mission is to provide 5 star support with an exceptional all fiber network for your servers. We have two data center locations to consider. Our main location is San Francisco, but we are also at Internap in New York. Details are below. By default we quote all servers into San Francisco. Please let us know if you need a East Coast Server quote.
I have been using PrivateInternetAccess.com’s VPN solution for a the past few months and I can say that it is a great VPN solution for someone who values privacy, as well as ease of use. I signed up, paid the annual fee of $39.95, which breaks down to $3.33 a month, downloaded the Windows application because I am too lazy to modify my internet settings, and was off and running. One of the great features of Private Internet Access’s solution is that it creates the VPN as a new internet connection and if for some reason the connection between your computer and their VPN servers, it will halt all internet traffic and prevent your real IP address from being exposed. This is a great feature and one of the best prices out there for a solid VPN service.
Some text from their website outlining the features.
The internet kill switch activates VPN disconnect protection. If you disconnect from the VPN, your internet access will stop working. It will reactivate normal internet access when you deactivate the kill switch mode or exit the application.
This great VPN works with all web traffic on your network, including torrents.
Here’s the pricing for PrivateInternetAccess.com
See how it works.
Virtual Private Networks, also known as VPNs are an invaluable tool used to help protect and your privacy online. One of the biggest reasons a person should use a VPN is if they don’t want their real IP address, such as your house address, being visible to other parties.
We have put together a list of our favorite VPNs and our review of each VPN service. Our ultimate goal is to provide the resources so that people can run a VPN on USB.
What is Virtual Private Network? VPN technology is based on the idea of tunneling that involves establishing and maintaining logical network connection.
With this connection, packets constructed in a specific VPN protocol format are encapsulated within some other base or carrier protocol, then transmitted between a VPN client and server, and finally de-encapsulated on the receiving side.
Take for example if a person wants to use a torrent program. When you download or seed a torrent, you’re connecting to a bunch of other people, called a swarm, all of whom—in order to share files—can see your computer’s IP address. That’s all very handy when you’re sharing files with other users, but file sharers such as yourself aren’t necessarily the only people paying attention. Independent monitoring groups also join BitTorrent swarms, but instead of sharing files, they’re logging the IP addresses of other people in the swarm—including you—so that they can notify your ISP of your doings. A proxy (like TorGuard) funnels your internet traffic—in this case, just your BitTorrent traffic—through another server, so that the BitTorrent swarm will show an IP address from a server that can’t be traced back to you instead of the address that points to your house. That way, these “prying eyes” can’t contact your ISP, and your ISP has no cause to send you a harrowing letter.
Anonymously secure your internet connection.
- Protect your data from hackers/eavesdroppers at public wifi.
- Mask your online identity.
- Enjoy Unlimited Speeds/Bandwidth on gigabit+ connections. (VPN Provider Dependent)
- Bypass censorship - No more limitations and blocked websites.
- Unblock sites like Facebook, Netflix, hulu, Pandora and more!
- Virtually reside in another country - Change your online identity